A Roadmap of Website Success in 2020 With Jenny Rose and Michael TripiIncludes a Live Web Event on 02/26/2020 at 11:00 AM (EST)
What are the latest trends in website design and marketing that can drive success for your destination organization in 2020? This webinar will share case studies and examples from destinations using audience-driven design to increase brand awareness and engagement. Attendees will come away with examples of technology, photography, user experience, and content to create digital experiences that resonate with their audiences.
- Learn how to approach your website with an audience-first strategy and how to measure success.
- Understand best practices in user experience design that can help to improve online engagement.
- See useful examples of how destinations leverage visuals, photography, and content to drive greater reach and brand awareness.
Who Should Attend?
- Director and Executive level roles in destination organizations responsible for overall marketing and branding strategy.
- Any role within a destination organization involved with updating website content: Digital Marketers, Content Specialists, Sales & Marketing, Social Media Managers, and more.
US Economy and Hotel Industry 2020 Outlook With Adam Sacks and Jan FreitagIncludes a Live Web Event on 03/10/2020 at 11:00 AM (EDT)
Please join us for a webinar presentation with Oxford Economics' Adam Sacks, President, Tourism Economics, and STR's Jan Freitag, Senior Vice President.
As 2019 hotel performance ended on a whimper, all eyes are on 2020 and how the industry participants will navigate unprecedented uncertainty amidst slower GDP growth projections. Please join our experts Adam Sacks from Tourism Economics and Jan D. Freitag from STR as they lay out their data and convictions about the year past and the year ahead.
In this hour-long webinar, Adam will cover the state of the US economy and present macro indicators that point either at a slowdown or a continued slow growth environment. He will also discuss international arrivals data and trends relating the travel to and from the US. Jan will then discuss the US hotel industry performance by class, segment, and market and present the 2020 STR forecast.
RELEVANCY = Destination Organizations Leading Community Support & Engagement, Presented by The Experience InstituteIncludes a Live Web Event on 04/16/2020 at 11:00 AM (EDT)
Community Support & Engagement is a central pillar of DestinationNEXT. TRUE engagement of your stakeholder community is critical to staying ahead of our fast-paced consumers' wants, needs, and expectations. Learn how destinations are building coalitions and consensus toward seeing the destination as their 'shared product' that they strengthen together ─ strategically aligning the community to strengthen their Visitor Economy ─ from the shopkeeper to the Mayor.
- How are destinations breaking down silos to achieve true cross-sector collaboration to strengthen their product infrastructure through their people infrastructure?
- What standards and best practices are being used to determine if the destination has 'moved the needle' toward a positive brand experience for its visitors? For return and recommend intentions?
Building Great Guest Experiences With Phil BrunoIncludes a Live Web Event on 04/21/2020 at 11:00 AM (EDT)
The Experience Economy is here and now. If you don't know what that means, you need to slap yourself and dial in to this enlightening presentation. In this session, hyou'll learn the competitive advacntage of building experience, not just offering products and services. Success sgtories from PHil's own experiences with Fortune 500s, family-owned business and not-for-profits as well as business models from the leading organations like Starbuck's, Enterprise Rent-a-CAr, and Build-A-Bear Workshop will have you leaving this seminar with new ideas on creating memorable guest experiences that will keep them coming back! Just a few of the things you'll walk away from this session with include: -How and why we've evolved into the Experience Economy; The Importance of creative Customer Experience for Competitive Advantage; Why Satisfaction is Worthless; Using metrics for measuring your customers' current experience; Case studies from current national success stories.
Communicating the Importance and Value of Tourism With Anna BlountIncludes a Live Web Event on 05/27/2020 at 11:00 AM (EDT)
As tourism professionals, we know the benefits that our industry brings to our communities. However, sometimes it’s difficult to convey the most convincing reasons why. In this webinar, Anna use both national resident sentiment survey results and geolocation data to reveal insights on how to most effectively communicate the true value of tourism to both locals and elected officials. Additionally, she will delve into an additional benefit of tourism advertising – its connection to enhancing your area’s economic development objectives.
Closing the Generational & Digital Divide: Empowering Millennials, Boomers, and Gen X'ers in the Workplace With Janet GrangerIncludes a Live Web Event on 06/23/2020 at 11:00 AM (EDT)
Are there people where you work, older or younger than you, who just don’t “get it?” They’re from another time, it seems, so they don’t understand what you do, or what you’re trying to do. Does it feel like there’s a battle going on sometimes?
Interactions and communications among Baby Boomers, Gen X'ers, and Millennials in the workplace have devolved into an “us” vs. “them” mentality.
If this issue isn’t addressed, you’ll never achieve your personal goals, your team’s goals, or your organization’s strategic goals.
This 45-minute webinar will help you:
- Describe common workplace issues of Millennials, Gen X’ers, and Baby Boomers.
- Identify cultural conflicts and their effects on employees.
- Practice new ways to navigate and resolve this cultural challenge.