Fundamentals of Destination Management and Marketing
The Fundamentals of Destination Management and Marketing course focuses on evolving trends in the travel and tourism industry and how destination organizations successfully align with these changes. Key to this success are the operations of the destination organization and its place within the travel and tourism industry.
Upon successful completion of this course, attendees will:
- Understand the evolving role of the destination organization and its value to the destination
- Understand the destination organization’s operating environment and structure
- Understand the difference between destination marketing and destination management
- Understand the need for strategic planning and research/data analysis
- Understand who the tourism stakeholders are and how to engage them in destination place-making
The Fundamentals of Destination Management and Marketing course consists of:
- 13 modules
- Each module contains a PDF of the slide deck, which you can download and print.
- Each module contains a video. Click the play arrow to watch the full video. At the conclusion of the video, click the "x" in the upper right-hand corner to close the video.
- Each module contains a quiz. Once you close the video, you will be able to access the quiz. You will have unlimited attempts to pass the quiz, but you must successfully pass the quiz before you can move on to the next module.
- Once you have completed all modules, you will then be able to access the final exam.
- Knowledge checks
- Additional readings and resources
- Final exam
Please note: The PDM courses are not eligible for CDME continuing education credits.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|